You are probably wondering why we’ve gone quiet – after all, we thought we would have applied for planning permission by now. But, as ever, things are taking longer than we thought! Andy had the pre-application meeting with Sheffield Council on 25th January – the same day as the public meeting. Since then, he has been very busy looking at the recommendations made by different council departments (Highways, Planning, Environmental Health) and also the comments made by people at the public meeting. Things we are still working on are:
- The access report is being changed as the council Highways department thought some of the give way signs were in the wrong places and some other adjustments were needed. We also had feedback from residents that they needed space to park, as they were currently using a corner of the site. So this is being looked into as well.
- The noise report is being amended to confirm that noise levels will be sufficiently low with the glazing and building system we have chosen. We also need to detail how we will work with Tata to carry out the proposed improvements to their site.
- We have had a drainage report done, to check how the additional run off and waste water from Bramble Row can be managed. It will also show how we will include sustainable drainage systems like using rainwater harvesting.
- As custom build is a new thing for Sheffield Council, we are having to establish with them how the planning application will be presented.
- Andy has also been doing a lot more research into windows, building structure and where to buy all the materials from. He has also been looking into PV solar panels and ensuring the construction will be certified to Passivhaus standards.
As we get final versions of all these reports and information gets confirmed, we will be putting it on the website.